A manual measuring too from Harbor Freight Ad Ohiol is necessary to control the quality of manufactured parts. Let’s consider the main types of tools, their design and what it is intended for.
Determination of linear dimensions and height
The following manual measuring tool from Harbor Freight Ad Ohio is used to determine the linear dimensions:
- Micrometers. A manual tool for determining the linear dimensions of parts. They are divided into smooth, lever, sheet, tube, prismatic and others. The measurement accuracy is up to hundredths of a mm.
- Nutromeres. Designed to determine the dimensions of grooves, holes and internal holes. They are divided into micrometric and indicator. The first ones are used to get absolute values, the indicator ones are used for relative ones. The measurement accuracy is up to 0.01 mm.
- Calipers. A simple and one of the most ancient measuring instruments designed for measuring linear dimensions, comparing real values with reference values, obtaining values of walls with protrusions, etc.
- End measures of length. They consist of sets of tiles connected by means of friction forces. They are used to control the accuracy of measuring instruments, marking and other operations.
Diameter and depth of holes and protrusions
The diameters and depths of the holes in the parts, as well as various protrusions and grooves are determined using the following tools:
- Calipers. Universal measuring tool for determining the external and internal dimensions of parts with an accuracy of 0.1 mm. It has a regular and vernier scale. It can also be used to measure the depth of the hole in the presence of a depth gauge.
- Shtangenglubinometers. A tool designed to determine the depths of grooves and holes with an accuracy of 0.05 – 0.1 mm.
- Shtangenzubomer. Designed to determine the size of the teeth of gears and rails using horizontal and vertical rods.
- Shtangenreysmas. A hand-held device used to determine the height of the ledge and marking parts. It consists of a base, a reference prism, a marking leg, a main and micrometer frame, a vernier, a screw pair, a rod with a ruler and clamps.
Checking accuracy and deviations
In the process of assembling and repairing mechanisms and structures, an important step is to check the gaps, the accuracy of the relative location of parts and assemblies, and the alignment of axes relative to each other. The following measuring instruments are used for these purposes:
- Calibration rulers. They are used to determine deviations of flatness and straightness of the surface of parts. They are divided into three-sided patterns, four-sided patterns and with double-sided bevels.
- Calibration prisms. They are used for marking, positioning and alignment of axes or shafts of mechanisms, as well as for monitoring the parallelism and verticality of parts. In addition, they are used for fixing parts during machining.
- Protractors. A measuring tool used to check the accuracy of angles. Locksmith models are equipped with a vernier scale for accurate measurements of deviations.
The templates are radius and threaded. They are a set of plates of a certain shape designed to determine, respectively, the radius of curvature of the part or the pitch of the thread by application to controlled surfaces. Radius templates are available in concave and convex shapes.
The first ones are used to determine the outer radius, the convex ones are used for internal holes. Threaded templates allow you to determine the pitch of a metric thread or the number of threads per inch of an inch.
Probes. Sets of measuring plates with a thickness of 0.02 to 1 mm to determine the gaps between the mating surfaces. The size of the gap is determined by gradually increasing the thickness of the inserted probes until the maximum is reached.
Samples of surface roughness. They are supplied with a set for determining the roughness parameter of metal parts, the quality of surfaces in hard-to-reach places and control during production.
To obtain the most accurate values, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the operating instructions of the tool – do not make excessive efforts, clean from dirt, store in a case, protect from mechanical shocks and fulfill other requirements.