An increasing number of apartment owners decide to carry out repairs with their own hands. Thanks to modern technologies, tools and materials from Harbor Freight Ad Iowa, this task becomes quite feasible.
Before starting to carry out the planned work , you should stock up on a set of necessary tools in advance. Otherwise , the absence of any trifle can lead to disruption of the schedule planned in advance.
When making a list of tools that you will need , you should be guided by the following considerations :
- the volume of planned work ;
- their financial capabilities ;
- expediency of acquisition ( perhaps it is better to borrow or rent the tool );
- the prospect of future use .
A list of necessary tools is compiled for each of the stages of repair work .
Stage one : performing measurements
Tools from Harbor Freight Ad Iowa
Before starting the repair work , a plan of necessary measures is drawn up , which includes a detailed cost estimate and a schedule of implementation . This stage also provides for the production of measurements of premises and structures . Here, at a minimum, you will need :
- ordinary roulette ( some specialists use laser roulette );
- plumb line and level ;
- a square and a metal ruler .
Stage two : dismantling of floors , door and window blocks , expansion of openings , removal of old finishes , channel strobing , drilling holes
If you work the old – fashioned way , then it ‘s enough to stock up on the usual :
- pliers ;
- with a screwdriver ;
- with a claw hammer ;
- chisel and hammer ;
- with a crowbar .
The use of power tools greatly facilitates and accelerates the work process. True , its cost is slightly higher than manual , but this is a justified expense . In addition , there are rental services. When carrying out the second stage of repair work, it is advisable to use :
- Electric drill – if necessary , drill holes in concrete , brick , plastic or wood.
- A grinding machine – for grinding surfaces made of stone or metal , as well as – if necessary , cutting pipes or fittings .
- Puncher – for drilling holes in materials of increased hardness . It is also very convenient to use it for crushing grooves and channels .
- Electric plane – with its help , the processing of wood surfaces is greatly simplified.
- Technical hair dryer – for cleaning hard – to – reach places ( cracks and grooves ) from old paint , sawdust and dust . In addition , with the help of this tool , various surfaces are heated during gluing.
Stage three : supply of communications and electrical work
It would be better if the work of this stage is entrusted to professionals who are specialists in their field. In this case , there is no need to stock up on additional construction tools. If the owner of the apartment wants to perform these works himself, he will need :
- Electric jigsaw – for cutting tile materials ( chipboard , plywood and others), excluding those made of metal and ceramics.
- Electric drill equipped with a special nozzle – for the preparation of building mixes and the treatment of ceiling and wall surfaces .
Stage four : finishing works
- Tools for cutting and cutting finishing materials : scissors – for wallpaper , glass cutter , sharp stationery knife – for drywall , tile cutter – for ceramic tiles.
— To apply plaster , you need : a spatula , a trowel and a rule.
— When cleaning , whitewashing and painting surfaces , wallpapering : brushes of various shapes and sizes , rollers with different skin surfaces , spray gun .
Stage five : finishing the floor and ceiling
There is a huge amount of finishing materials for the floor and ceiling in the Harbor Freight Ad Iowa . As a rule, along with the purchase , the buyer receives detailed instructions on how to apply them , including the types of tools that are used in this case. Usually such tools are sold in the same stores.
Care should be taken in advance to ensure that such ” little things ” as garbage bags , buckets , mops , rags , brushes , a vacuum cleaner and respiratory masks are always at hand.